Thursday, November 13, 2008

When it rains it pours...

We leave tomorrow on our week long vacation! We are going to Nashville for my sister's wedding on the 15th and then driving to Washington DC, then to New York.
The planning of this trip has not been without it's challenges and immense blessings. Many of you know that Bobo & I got into a bad wreck a couple of weeks ago. The driver had no insurance and we don't have uninsured motorist coverage. Needless to say we were left with a badly damage, suspension broken, airbags out truck that we had to pay to fix. the original estimate was above $4,000. There was just no way... we were going to cancel our trip & junk the truck for whatever scrap metal money we could get out of it. We also have a little old Ford tempo, our only remaining vehicle. 1 day after the accident, it died.
When it rains, it pours.
I was so upset about cancelling our trip & stressed from the financial strain that I started having these episodes. I don't know what a panic attack feels like, but I think I had a few. Dealing with insurance & cancellation & dealerships... I quickly reached the end of my rope.
And that's where I found Jesus. Just waiting for me. Opening His arms & welcoming to the end of my rope.

Philippians 4:6-7 - Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
After I put all my stress & burdens on His shoulders it all started turning around...
  • My uncle who has a beautiful apartment in New York in Greenwich Village on Bleeker Street called & said that he would be out of town & we were free to use his apartment! (Saved $600 on a hotel)
  • We had a garage sale & sold some bigger items that we will never use again. ($400)
  • We sold our refrigerator that we had in our rent house in Dallas ($550)
  • I was asked to video a wedding last week (how they knew I used to do wedding videography only God knows) ($200)
  • I found a charter bus that goes from DC to NY for $21 per ticket (Saved $200+ in rent car fees)
  • If that wasn't enough... a guy I only met once called me and offered us free tickets to a broadway show while we are there!

When it rains, it pours
We don't serve God for the blessings... He loves us & wants to bless us, even with silly things like broadway tickets and a little spending money. He is and always will be our provider & burden carrier. He's waiting for you at the end of your rope...

No comments: