Thursday, September 18, 2008

No Sacrifice

Your thoughts are higher than mine

Your words are deeper than mine

Your love is stronger than mine

This is no sacrifice

Here's my life




One of my favorite songs is by Jason Upton called "No Sacrifice." I actually walked down the aisle to it at my wedding. When I first heard this song, the message went right over my head. Once I really listened to what it was saying, it changed my life. We go through our lives, at least I do, saying, "Okay God, I guess I can sacrifice and not do that thing you told me not to do." In knowing that God wants what is best for us and loves us so much that He sent his son... when God asks us to remove something out of our lives or "sacrifice", whether we think it is good or bad for us, is it really a sacrifice? I have not sacrificed my life for His, I have gladly and thankfully exchanged it. How could I sacrifice something broken, dead and unfulfilling for something whole, satisfying, and fully alive? This is no sacrifice.

To you I give my life

not just the parts I want to

To you I sacrifice

These dreams that I hold on to

To you I give my future

As long as it may last

To you I give my presence

To you I give my past...

No comments: